Football is the ultimate sport, as it incorporates the fast pace of basketball, the timely precision of baseball, and the full-contact aggression of wrestling down purse snatchers in food courts. Unleash the beast with this GrouponLive deal.
- Tickets to a William Jewell Cardinals 2013 home football game
- Where: Greene Stadium
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: One hour prior to kickoff <p>
- $8 for two tickets (a $16 value)
- $16 for four tickets (a $32 value)<p>
Choose from the following games:
- Against McKendree University on Saturday, September 21, at 6 p.m.
- Against South Dakota School of Mines & Technology on Saturday, September 28, at 1 p.m.
- Against Truman State University on Saturday, October 12, at 1 p.m.
- Against the University of Indianapolis on Saturday, October 19, at 1 p.m.
- Against Missouri S&T on Saturday, November 2, at 1 p.m.<p>
The Scouting Report
2012 was the Great Lakes Valley Conference’s first season of football, and William Jewell running back and return specialist Thomas Cook, Jr. didn’t waste any time in making his mark. He earned honors as the conference Freshman of the Year, and with his new hardware hanging in the trophy case rather than tied to his pads, the versatile running back is ready to lead the Cardinals through their second season. Over the next two months, the team will host five home games at Greene Stadium, including four match-ups against conference rivals. It all centers around a mid-October showdown against the University of Indianapolis, who captured the conference crown a year ago with a spotless 8–0 record.
William Jewell Cardinals
While a part of the NAIA, the William Jewell Cardinals athletic teams were a force. The football team was the association’s first to reach 500 victories, and the women’s soccer team appeared in the NAIA National Soccer Championship five times between 2003 and 2010. William Jewell has since transitioned to the Division II level of the NCAA, where it competes as part of the Great Lakes Valley Conference. The move brought upon several changes, most notably a slate of new opponents and permission to open the "Division II" chapter of their playbooks. The Cardinals continue to host visiting squads at Greene Stadium for football and soccer contests and Talley Baseball Stadium for nine-inning duels.
William Jewell College - Greene Stadium
500 College Hill
Liberty, Missouri 64068