What You Get
- $39 for a three-course prix fixe Italian dinner for two ($70 value)
- $78 for a three-course prix fixe Italian dinner for four ($140 value)
Each diner receives an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Click here for the prix fixe menu.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Check Availability” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Jimmy Traettino has worked at Positano Restaurant since his parents opened it in 1977. Now the owner, Jimmy proudly runs the family operation. "When you have a family business, it’s literally like your home. So you treat people when they come in like they’re entering your house," he told Bethesda Now.
A Glimpse at the Menu
The restaurant's entrees include traditional pasta dishes as well as more elaborate meals, such as stuffed potato dumplings pomodoro, filled with ricotta cheese and spinach, and served housemade tomato sauce. Diners conclude their meals with espresso-infused tiramisu, lemon cheesecake, and other desserts crafted in house.
A Look Inside
With stucco walls featuring vivid landscape murals, and gleaming terra-cotta tile floors, The eatery also offers diners a charming ambience usually reserved for Venetian trattorias. The interior's gleaming terra-cotta tile floors complement its stucco walls, which feature vivid murals of the Italian coast. This aesthetic extends to the ivy-covered patio, which Bethesda Magazine called "one of the most beautiful in the county."