Cooks teach by using a hands-on approach, which is more effective than mailing students a box filled with flour, eggs, some matches, and a note that says "cookies?" Get your hands dirty with this Groupon.
$20 for $40 Toward Hands-On Cooking for Kids and Teens
Groupons can be used as a $40 credit towards the following services:
- During the school year, weekly technical cooking classes ($35/class) range from pre-schoolers (called "Busy Chefs"), elementary school students ("Junior Chefs") and middle-to-high school students ("Teen Chefs" and "Senior Chefs"). These culinary skills classes are available in 60- or 90-minute sessions.
- Kids' Night Out sessions ($38/person), which allow 4- to 13-year-olds make a full meal from scratch while parents enjoy an evening to themselves; held one Friday a month from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- All-ages summer workshops ($40/workshop), which cover topics such as pizza, dessert, popsicles, cake decorating, and American cooking
- Summer camps ($150+), which spend three to five days covering topics such as breakfasts, chocolate, and baking
- Parties ($300+), which corral kids of all ages together for 90 minutes to make pizzas, mini cakes, or pasta
Decorations, food, drinks, party favors, and invitations are included for each birthday party, and all classes and camps include necessary kitchen supplies and equipment, as well as take-home recipes.
Young Chefs Academy Frisco
The recipe for a successful cooking class requires the right mix of teacher, chef, and nutritionist—a balance that each instructor strikes at Young Chefs Academy Frisco. They host students aged 4–16 in weekly cooking classes that regularly change recipes while sticking to the monthly theme. They cater to individual children, school field trips, and even scout troops. They even host birthday parties, which let young chefs celebrate their big day with hands-on instruction on how to make their own pizza, gingerbread houses, or birthday cakes that come out of the oven already on fire and ready to be blown out.