- Venetian-inspired palazzo
- High art and tranquil greenery
- Valid for Thursday-night Gardner After Hours events
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
Sight, the workhorse of the five senses, puts in too many hours keeping humankind from falling into manholes. Give the most overworked sense a vacation with today's deal: for $6, you get one general admission ticket (a $12 value) to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum near Fenway Park. Today’s Groupon is also valid for admission to Gardner After Hours events, which are held the third Thursday of every month and include live music, cocktails, and more around the courtyard bar.
The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum has been a bastion of art and culture since it was founded in 1903. The building, inspired by and designed after a 15th-century Venetian palace, contains three floors of galleries surrounding a garden courtyard that remains verdant with plant life from the dawn of spring through the darkest, most subatomic depths of winter. Gardner, who founded the museum, spent her life curating and encouraging the art collection, which contains more than 2,500 objects, including paintings, sculpture, textiles, illuminated manuscripts, and rare books lifted everywhere from ancient Rome to 19th-century France. While visiting this citadel of scintillating visions, witness landscapes by Whistler, Renaissance-era Flemish tapestries, and religious wood sculptures from 16th-century Germany. Exhibitions provide specific, detailed glimpses into varied subject matter; an exhibit on terracotta sculpture of the Italian Renaissance runs until May 23.
There are numerous reasons to spend an afternoon in the warm embrace of the Gardner. The courtyard garden provides a tranquil oasis from the day-to-day bothers of work, family life, and coverage of Barbaro's death. The Gardner does more than just display the works of the past for the eyeballs of the future; it is a dynamic center for culture that provides ongoing concerts, hosts visiting artists in residence, and hosts school- and family-oriented events throughout the year. So grab today’s Groupon, frame it beautifully, and head to the Gardner for hours of breath taking.
Over 170 Yelpers have cast their vote of approval for the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, giving it a nearly perfect 4.5 stars. In 2008, Citysearchers named it the best budget date spot and give it a perfect five stars. TripAdvisors give it 3.5 owl eyes:
- The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum has always been a favorite of mine since I first discovered it in the eighties. The building's architecture is just as impressive s [sic] the artwork itself. I love the multi levels and the views of the landscaped courtyard. This is a great place to spend a rainy day. – Brokerinbeantown, Citysearch
- My husband and I thought this visit was the highlight of our Boston trip. It's a totally unique art viewing experience that should not be missed. – SeeMyW0rld, TripAdvisor
- Each room is an inspiraton [sic] and loaded with gorgeous and spectacular paintings, anitiques [sic] and relics that appeal to the eye but at the same time you won't be overwhelmed. Even if you just want to sit overlooking the courtyard garden the entire time you're here, it is time wellspent. – Raina413, Citysearch