Melodiously coax your holiday spirit from hiding with today’s seasonally sounded Groupon. For $35, you’ll get admission to the Thursday, December 3, Christmas Pops performance at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra. The 8 p.m. show (a $73 value) features special guest soloists and yuletide staples, including Irving Berlin’s White Christmas and Sleigh Ride.
You’ll take in timely tunes from front orchestra seating as conductor Richard Kaufman leads performers through holiday classics and shoots T-shirts into the audience using a air cannon. Appealing to audiences of all ages, the program also includes interactive sing-alongs and spirited extras. Instead of torturing eardrums to tuneless carolers or cheesy pop renditions, this is your chance to hear a sophisticated spin on spirited songs.
Get this Groupon as an effortless alternative to forced, awkward conversation with out-of-town relatives. The familiar, pleasant melodies of holiday-time classics instantly soothe as you sink into the comfortable seats of the Meyerson Symphony Center.
- The work lived up to its outsize ambitions, and Mr. van Zweden led a beautifully prepared and dynamic performance. – James R. Oestreich, New York Times
- This is passionate music, by turns anxious, desperate and even grotesque, but also tender and frankly beautiful. – Scott Cantrell, Dallas Morning News
How to Talk Like a Symphony Buff
While attending the symphony, you may feel too nervous to talk to more seasoned symphony-goers. Here are some easy conversation starters to make you seem like the classical music buff you hope to become:
- “The horn section is very accomplished. Often, their work sounded like drums.”
- “The waving man in the front is distracting. He should perhaps be replaced by a beautiful, still woman or a statue of art.”
- “I have set my phone to vibrate to induce synesthesia. Would you do the same?”
- “The music conveyed a moving story very clearly about the majestic folly of war or about a set of magical artifacts that granted wishes.”
- “When are they playing Star Wars?”
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
2301 Flora St
Dallas, Texas 75201Get Directions