Food connoisseurs prize locally sourced ingredients for their freshness, ecological sustainability, and detailed knowledge of neighborhood gossip. Harvest the bounty of home with today’s Groupon to Freshtarian on Staten Island. Choose between the following options:
- For $29, you get a contemporary American dinner for two (up to a $68 value) that includes:
- A shared appetizer (up to a $12 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $22 value each)
Two glasses of house wine (up to a $6 value each)<p>
- For $49, you get a contemporary American dinner for four (up to a $136 value) that includes:
- Two shared appetizers (up to a $12 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $22 value each)
- Four glasses of house wine (up to a $6 value each)<p>
The flavor artisans behind Freshtarian forge a harvest-fresh menu of contemporary American cuisine that pairs natural proteins and grass-fed beef with locally grown vegetables. Parties indulge taste buds with appetizers of house-made Asian spring rolls doused in an apricot glaze before moving on to the seasonal vegetable plate with spiced quinoa, whose hundreds of flavorful grains both inspire and muffle conversation. Tender morsels of the Harris Range all-natural rib-eye steak massage away hunger pangs, and flame-kissed planks of wild Alaskan salmon strut off the grill with a coating of guava-hazelnut pesto. Diners can raise a toast in between bites with glasses of alcoholic and nonalcoholic wines siphoned from aged amphorae and ceremonial juice boxes.
Surrounding diners with pale-blue walls and rich wooden flooring, the dining room gives way to a trellis-lined, covered deck that hosts live musical performances on select nights. Acoustic blues, jazz, and dramatic readings of shopping lists serenade diners amid the herb garden and koi pond that accessorize the space.