Shortly after the first Wienermobile rolled off the assembly line, it plowed through a taco stand and created chorizo. Reap the benefits of fusion cuisine with today’s Groupon to The Broken Spoke Cafe. Choose from the following options:
- For $35, you get a three-course dinner for two, valid from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. (up to a $71.90 value). The dinner includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $10 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $51.90 value)
- One dessert (up to a $10 value)
- For $70, you get a three-course dinner for four, valid from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. (up to a $143.80 value). The dinner includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $20 value)
- Four entrees (up to a $103.80)
- Two desserts (up to a $20 value)
- For $8, you get $16 worth of Belgian-American lunch fare for two, valid from from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Lunch specials are $7.95.
- For $16, you get $32 worth of Belgian-American lunch fare for four, valid from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Lunch specials are $7.95.
The Broken Spoke Cafe’s culinary sorcerers conjure a menu of Belgian-American classics and sundry mussel dishes. Taste buds explore the bouchée de bruxelles, which snuggles chicken, carrots, and mushrooms in a pastry blanket, or the entrecôte grillée, whose beef stew is prepared with Belgian beer. A selection of eight mussel dishes includes the la moule roquefort, which drizzles a creamy blue-cheese sauce over its seafaring namesake, and the la moule à l’escargot, which sets the shelled morsels afloat in a sea of garlic butter free of dangerous undercurrents. A hefty dessert menu awaits bellies with offerings such as poires belle helène, whose poached pear and vanilla ice cream sneak into mouths and prank call unsuspecting sweet teeth.
Washington Ave./ Memorial Park
1809 Washington Ave.
Houston, Texas 77007